Sassy Sambal Satay
- Chicken thighs are rich in protein that is essential for muscle recovery.
- Peanuts contain flavonoids that act as antioxidants in the body.
View this post on Instagram
Deliciously hearty and packed with complex flavours, this sassy sambal satay is the perfect kid-friendly party dish for the whole family.
Bring your Christmas parties to the next level by dishing up this popular Indonesian delicacy with a HaruPlate twist. Our deliciously hearty Sassy Sambal Satay is packed with a celebration of flavours and works well either as a finger food or part of your party platter.
Said to be invented by Javanese street vendors and inspired by the Indian Kebab, satay is enjoyed in many ways and can be made with beef, chicken, goat, pork, or even tofu. Often served with the famous peanut dipping sauce, it’s become a crowd-pleaser all over Southeast Asia.
In this recipe, we use chicken thighs because it contains a balanced amount of protein and fat to keep the little ones energised throughout the day. For the marinade, we combined our HaruPlate Tomato Sambal with various herbs and spices for an amazing aroma to tantalise those little palates!
All sounds fantastic isn’t it? So let us do some cooking right now!
- HaruPlate Non-Spicy Tomato Sambal
- Lime Juice
- Lime Zest
- Olive Oil
- Chicken Thigh
- Peanuts (for mixed nuts and seeds)
- Blue Ginger
- Kecap Manis
Pumpkin Peanut Sauce Ingredients:
- HaruPlate Spiced Pumpkin & Corn Sauce
How to make it:
- Combine HaruPlate Tomato Sambal, chopped lemongrass, cinnamon, nutmeg, lime juice, salt, lime zest, olive oil, and blend it together to make the marinade.
- Lather the chicken thigh with marinade and honey, then lock those flavours in with a cling-wrapped bowl before popping into the fridge.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for about half an hour to prevent them from bursting into flames later on.
- Marinade for at least 2 hours, then skewer the juicy meat and lay them flat on a hot grill. Brush over once with marinade and honey.
- Keep turning over till it turns a delicious deep brown (you should be able to smell something truly mouth-watering).
- Time for the dipping sauce! Simmer HaruPlate Spiced Pumpkin and Corn Sauce with chopped peanuts and some kecap manis to make it chunky and fun to chew – it’s that simple!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com, and we’ll be more than happy to help you along.