Super Sambal Otak-Otak
- Packed with omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids for brain development.
- Beta carotene and vitamin A from carrots for good eye health.
View this post on Instagram
Full-on yummy and packed with healthy veggies, this Super Sambal Otak-Otak is just the right fit for little weaning ones looking to try out new exciting tastes and textures.
Running out of healthy snack ideas for your little kiddo? Try out this kid-friendly version of a local and regional favourite, the classic Otak-Otak. The popular mackerel is loaded with fatty acids that are famous for aiding brain development in children while other vitamins and nutrients aid with good vision development, immunity, and even gut health!
On top of that, cooking stuff in banana leaves is a joy not only for your senses, but super fun for the kids use as props for their hide-and-seek sessions.
The key to making this healthy snack recipe is very simple. You will need:
- HaruPlate Tomato Sambal
- Rojak Flowers
- Banana Leaves (for wrapping)
After you have prepared all the ingredients, it’s now time to make this awesome tasty treat! It’s actually very simple and easy, just prepare a blender, grill pan, and toothpicks and you’re good to go.
Here are the steps:
- Combine mackerel, HaruPlate Tomato Sambal and all the ingredients; blend into a paste.
- Spread the paste evenly on banana leaves, seal with toothpicks, and grill on a pan until cooked.
- Serve as a snack, on rice or as a sandwich!
Super nice and easy right?
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com, and we’ll be more than happy to help you along. You can also check out our Popiah Pizza Recipe if you’re looking for a fun and healthy dinner ideas.
This recipe uses: