Key benefits (depends on your choice of ingredients):
- Salmon is rich in omega 3, which are essential fatty acids that are great for our brain health and can only be obtained from the diet.
- Contains protein rich options (chicken and yogurt), which can help in growth and repair of muscles and strengthen the immune system.
The mums at our office were arguing whether to make Salmon Onigiri or Chicken Onigiri? Since we can’t decide, we decided to make both of them to see which ones more delicious for the kids.
Here are the Onigiri Besties recipes created by our dietitian that are packed with nutrition. We are pretty sure kiddo would enjoy the hands-on eating!
- Pick either one of these combo:
- Salmon fish + HaruPlate’s Non Spicy Tomato Sambal Sauce
- Chicken + HaruPlate’s Spiced Pumpkin and Corn Sauce + Greek Yoghurt
- Sushi rice
How to make it:
- If you chose the chicken, mix some greek yogurt into the pumpkin and corn sauce (2:3 ratio)
- Pan fry your choice of meat and vegetables with either HaruPlate’s Non Spicy Tomato Sambal or HaruPlate’s Spiced Pumpkin and Corn Sauce
- Once cooked, shred up the meat. Let it cool down slightly.
- To make the onigiri, put some cooked sushi rice on clean hands, add the cooked meat with sauce into the middle, and add more rice to wrap it up.
- Shape it into a triangle or round shape, depending on your preference!
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds or seaweed flakes to top it off.
- Wrap a rectangular sheet of seaweed to finish up your onigiri. Enjoy!
If you’re making this recipe, don’t forget to take a picture and tag us on Instagram @haruplate, so we can share it with other mums!
And If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com, and we’ll be more than happy to help you along.